Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ogden 1/2 Marathon

I don't know how people run full marathons. A half was good enough for me. I have never ran over 8 1/2 miles at one time so I was pretty nervous about running for that long.
It was pouring rain and it didn't let up once. I ran in my pink poncho the whole 13.1 miles. It was beautiful though. The rain made the canyon so green. I'm really glad I ran in my poncho because it kept my body dry and I kept warm but by the end I couldnt move my hands, they were so cold! My shoes were drentched. I tried to avoid puddles at the beginning of the run but after the first 2 miles I gave up on that and ran through them. It was a really neat experience though. I think I will do one again and hopefully it will be better weather. I ran it in 2 hours 25 mins.
Now I can check 1/2 Marathon off the Bucket List!

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen this post...2.25!! Holy schmoley Ash :) Great job!! My goal for 2014 half is 2.5...we'll see!

    ReplyDelete