Friday, October 5, 2012

Paint and Orange!

The last couple of weeks have been nothing but painting. Since we don't have any carpet in yet we are trying to get as much as we can done. My family came over again and helped us which was great! I'm beginning to learn why I didn't grow up and become a painter...I don't like it all that much.

Before
After
My favorite color is orange. So I had to have an orange wall somewhere in my house! The second I saw this house I knew if we got it this would be the lucky wall. The first thing we did was put a primer on which I thought looked pretty good so then I started to second guess myself if I wanted as dark of an orange as I thought... 

And then we put the real color on and I realized that I was glad we were doing the darker color cuz man the primer color looked pink next to the real stuff! But then next to the pink it looked like we were going to have a pumpkin orange wall but after everything was done it looked perfect! I was so excited! We finally had completed one full room! So we began taking all the tape off and this happened...
A big nasty rip. I was so mad! We had stayed up late for 3 nights in a row to finally finish one room and then we had this ugly whole in the wall. But that's why its so great to have a handy man husband that knows how to fix things and it was fixed the next day :)
Before
Before
After






1 comment:

  1. Ash I love it. Your orange is perfect. This room looks great, can't wait to see the rest of the house. Miss you guys :(

    ReplyDelete